SGES High School
The vision for St. George’s High School includes an opportunity to provide a truly college preparatory academic curriculum with unique opportunities that help each student develop his or her passions and potential. Like the secondary institutions named “Colleges that Change Lives”, St. George’s High School is designed to have a positive, life-changing impact on each of its students.
High School Experience:
- St. George’s High School balances tradition and innovation in ways that cultivate curiosity in the classroom, encourages community service and leadership, and develops each student’s unique potential.
- St. George’s High School strives to provide a strong college preparatory program and the support necessary to help each student achieve his or her goals.
- St. George’s High School is committed to a highly individualized and comprehensive college advisory process beginning in the 8th grade with course selection for college planning and continuing with advisory and admission support for students and parents through 12th grade.
High School Highlights:
St. George’s High School offers students unique and individualized instruction and experiences, including:
- College tours that provides students a chance to visit a range of Colleges/Universities
- SAT/ACT preparation beginning in the 9th grade
- St. George’s High School classrooms and learning environment blends student-led teaching, college style interactive, round-table discussions, and traditional classroom experiences.
- St. George’s High School surveys individual students as well as class preferences to provide highly-individualized offerings. For example, student interest and career inventories revealed that a number of current students were interested in health sciences and financial services. With that in mind, electives were designed as early as 9th grade for a business elective and a medical service elective to help students learn about and evaluate these fields of study.
- A signature feature of St. George’s High School is an enrichment program called LEADS. Each Wednesday students have time to explore and develop personal interests while participating in community service, leadership, and mentoring activities. Daily programs feature guest speakers, educational field trips, and unique learning opportunities. LEADS includes an 11th grade volunteer program called the Junior Service Project and a 12th grade internship program called the Senior Capstone Project. Both programs help students develop initiative, personal responsibility, organization, and leadership skills.
- St. George’s High School students have access to a wide spectrum of opportunities to broaden their perspectives through regional trips and study abroad. Educational trips include experiences in Boston and New York which focus on history, the Pacific Northwest which focuses on art and culture, and exploration of parts of the beautiful Southwest which has a science focus. Students are encouraged to participate in summer programs or activity that further their experience including travel abroad, service trips, and academic camps.
- In addition to regular classes, St. George’s offers Advanced Placement ( AP) courses including English Literature, English Language, American History, European History, Human Geography, Calculus, Spanish, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, and Environmental Science.
- The St. George’s programming is expressly designed to help students gain academic and personal experience that will not only help them prepare for colleges and universities of their choice, but to develop their passions and character in positive and meaningful ways.
College English 101
AP Calculus AB
AP Calculus BC
Anatomy and Physiology
AP Environmental Science
AP Human Geography
AP American History
AP Human Geography
AP European History
AP Spanish Language and Culture
Introduction to Medical Occupations
Introduction to Photography
Introduction to Speech/Debate
St. George's is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS), Georgia Accrediting Commission (with Quality), and holds membership in holds membership in the National Association of Episcopal Schools, the Georgia Independent School Association, the Educational Records Bureau, and the Council for Spiritual and Ethical Education.
St. George’s Episcopal School
103 Birch Street
Milner, GA 30257