Finding the right school for your child is an important decision. Explore our website to learn more about our school, and know that we are here to help you every step of the way to make this process as easy as possible.
From the Head of School
Welcome to St. George’s Episcopal School. Through our website, we hope to provide information for current families and those learning more about our wonderful school. The website provides an overall picture of the people, programs, and plans of St. George’s. I invite you to search our website for the questions you might have, but I encourage you to take an additional step and visit our campus. You will have a better appreciation of our community after a few minutes among our students.
St. George’s strives to engender success for our students on all levels. While it is true that our graduates have proved extremely successful in both high school and college, it is more important that we’ve inspired them to explore. Our students are encouraged not just to seek simple answers, but to consider what those answers mean. Our goal is to create independent, life-long learners, people who gravitate to individual success and who also serve to facilitate community successes. To that end, our academic curriculum is enhanced with a variety of community-building events designed to create a strong sense of family at SGES.
St. George’s alumni have become independent learners and have earned successes in high school, college, and life. They are leaders in their communities in service and respect for others. I look forward to speaking with you about the opportunities for your family.
Larry Collins, Ed. D.
Head of School
- Accreditations/Affiliations: SACS, SAIS, GAC, NAES, GISA, ERB, CSEE
- Orton-Gillingham tutors available
- Individualized instruction
- Technology and Computer lab
- SMART boards in Early Childhood
- Art, Music, Spanish, P.E., and Bible enrichment classes begin in Preschool and continue through Middle School (High School electives available in these areas)
- STEM education
- 2nd grade students lead The Lord’s Prayer in Chapel
- Middle school ‘New Beginnings’ retreat
- 7th grade class trip focuses on teamwork and leadership skills
- Signature LEADS program for High School students
- 8th grade Chapel Talks series
- Division-level Chapel on specific days focuses on service
- House system
- Community service projects begin in PK3 and continue through High School
- Affiliated with Georgia Independent School Association Class AA, which competes with schools around the state.
- Students may begin playing competitively beginning with 5th grade Basketball.
- 10 sports opportunities include basketball, cheerleading, clay target sports, cross country, equestrian, golf, soccer, tennis, track & field, and volleyball
- Visit our athletics page for more information
Click to view our Admissions Publications:
St. George's is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS), Georgia Accrediting Commission (with Quality), and holds membership in holds membership in the National Association of Episcopal Schools, the Georgia Independent School Association, the Educational Records Bureau, and the Council for Spiritual and Ethical Education.
St. George’s Episcopal School admits students of all ethnic, cultural, racial, religious and socio-economic backgrounds who possess strong character, personal integrity, academic and intellectual promise, a motivation to succeed, and a willingness to participate in the life of the school. Admission is based on a student’s academic history, personal interview, entrance testing and teacher recommendations.
St. George’s Episcopal School
103 Birch Street
Milner, GA 30257